Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Language Barriers

Every morning the cook fixes us the same thing for breakfast - scrambled eggs and toast. Well the other day he asked if I wanted french toast, and I said fine. So he fixed me scrambled eggs, regular toast, AND french toast. He must of thought we really liked our toast.

So this morning I told him that I wanted scrambled eggs and regular toast. I even pointed to what Andy was eating to ensure there was no gap in communication. But I still got scrambled eggs AND french toast. I couldn't keep a straight face at the breakfast table that morning, and Andy kept laughing as well. Keith mentioned they had been having problems communicating effectively with the cook (Manosh), and that he seemed to be having problems understanding what they wanted. I suggested that he might understand perfectly well but was having a bit of fun at our expense.

No comments: