Friday, August 17, 2007

India - Day 2 (Tuesday)

Day 2

Today was my first day of work. I met up with 2 other people from Jacobs Consulting, the company I am contracted to, that are here from the US. I won't have much interface with them from a work standpoint, but am sharing an office with them.

The full day of work was spent finding my way around and meeting some of the people that I will be interfacing with. For the most part very few people know who I am or what I am doing here, so I am having to push and prod to get anything done. I suspect it will get very monotonous and I will have to struggle to stay focused and engaged.

After work I had dinner with Keith (Brit #1), Andy (Brit #2), and Friedrich (the German) in their apartment. We had fish nuggets, fries, soup, and some other stuff that wasn't as good.

And my luggage arrived at 1:15 (Day 2).

I had to call the airport numerous times to ensure they could deliver it to me, and my host also called and let them have it in Hindi, just to make sure nothing was lost in the translation. Part of the problem was the fact that it was a national holiday when my luggage arrived, and some of the major roads between states had been shut down for security reasons. It didn't arrive til 1:15 the following night, which was frustrating since I was already suffering from a lack of sleep, and we were getting up at 4:00 the next morning for a trip to Agra.

1 comment:

Blog Boy said...

Hi,
I am from India.
Wanted to correct in your blog
Right hand side the thought which you have posted is from Mr. Gandhi and not Ghandi.

Have a pleasant stay here in India.