Sunday, August 19, 2007

India - Day 4

Not much happening today, so I will take this opportunity to fill you in on what my typical day is like.

Up and out of bed by about 7:15. I head upstairs at 8:00 for breakfast with Keith and Andy. Manosh (spelling is probably wrong) usually fixes us scrambled eggs and toast. I've started drinking tea in the mornings as well (with milk, 1 lump of sugar).

We head off to work about 8:30. The drive takes 15 minutes or so. Traffic is no worse than any other time during the day. The office building is 2 stories and houses all of the L&T employees. (L&T has the contract to finish the design and build the new airport terminal). Each floor is basically wide open with cubicles in the middle and offices around the perimeter. I have been sharing an office with George and Gavin, the two other Jacobs employees on site.

Lunch is served in the corner of the building from noonish to about 2:00. So far it has been fine and I've not had any problems with the food.

We usually head back home around 6:30 or 7:00. Dinner is at 8:00, once again cooked by Manosh. So far I have had soup (with every meal), fish nuggets, fries, pork chops, pasta, and a slew of vegetables. It is typically pretty good, definitely better than what we get for lunch.

Here are some pictures from inside and looking outside my the flat so you can see what it looks like. It's pretty nice - certainly nothing to complain about.





No comments: