Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 7 - Sunday

Ahhh, a day of rest. I woke up around 7:30 but was able to stay in bed until around 9:00. I am feeling much better today, the antibiotics seem to have worked well. Yesterday I was feeling a bit weak and drained, but after dinner last night and a decent breakfast my strength has returned.

I don't have any plans for today, I suspect I will sit around the flat, watch a movie or two, and catch up on some work. The TV has cable, and I get a lot of channels. About 50% - 60% are Indian, but the English channels include a couple of movie channels (HBO with commercials during the film), sports channels, basic cable channels like Nikelodian and the Discovery Channel, and of course news channels.

Keith and Andy love to watch crickett. Last night I got an education on how the game is played. The basic premise is pretty straightforward, but there are a lot of rules. The Indians in the flat like to watch some of the american shows like Wrestling (we saw a match that included Hulk Hogan and Mr T from the 80s), Power Rangers, and of course crickcett.

Today I learned about the secret room in my apartment. There is a guy who takes care of my apartment, which is pretty easy since I am hardly there and don't make a mess. I rarely see him in my place, even this weekend. He is usually upstairs with the other help. Well I always thought he slept upstairs as well, but Keith thought he slept at my place. I didn't think he did since I never saw him. At Keith and Andy's place, they have a room right off of the entry that the housekeeper and cook use. But I didn't have that room - or at least so I thought. Although there is no door from the inside, the room is there and is accessed from outside of the apartment.

No comments: