Sunday, January 20, 2008

What's Your Favorite Time of the Day?

What is your favorite time of the day? Mine has to be early in the morning (particularly a weekend) just after the coffee is done. The caffeine awakens my mind and I start to think about the possibilities of the day. The kids have been sleeping in til 7:00or 7:30 most days now, so I am getting a little quiet time in the mornings.

Now of course it is late and night, my mind is mush, and it feels like I have accomplished very little today. Of course I did finish reading "A Long Way Gone", re-allocate my 401k to dump some lousy performing funds, play with the kids, take a nap with Collin (this is the second weekend Collin has asked me to take a nap with him, and I love it), go out to dinner with the family, watch the last quarter of the NY-Green Bay football game, listen to some music, and find two new Podcasts (This American Life, and Comedy Central).

Maybe that's not bad for a quiet weekend.

Good Night.

2 comments:

Cathy Hutchison said...

My new favorite time of the day is 30 minutes before bedtime. John and I have started reading and praying together each night.

It's a great way to end the day.

Anonymous said...

My favorite time of the day is at night when everyone else is aleep. I love how quite the house is!