Monday, December 31, 2007

Vacation in California

It's been a while since I've blogged, and we've been having a good time in California.

Kerry's brother Jason and niece Ashley both have guitar hero (well Jason has Rock Band but it is basically the same thing). I've gotten to play several times now and its a blast. I'm stuck somewhere between easy and medium difficulties.




Most days we wake up and hang around the house in the morning. The kids each have a bike, Caden has a tricycle which he still can't ride. Madison is doing fine without her training wheels, Collin still needs help starting.We also picked up Collin a scooter. But the big hit again this year is the skateboards. Evan Caden can do this on his own.



In the afternoons we sometimes venture out to the mall or one group (either the girls or the boys) will go see a movie. Yesterday Rick, Jason and I went to see I Am Legend. It was not quite what I expected, but I still thought it was pretty good.

The other day we went to Lisa's house. Madison, Collin, and Kerry spent the night. They had a grand time playing with Ashley and all of their (Ashley and Jake) toys. We went to a nieghborhood park later in the afternoon. Dad and Caden headed back to Kerry's parents late that evening.

Caden has had a runny nose for several days now and is starting to cough more. His breathing is also wheezy, so we may take him to a doctor today just to be safe.

I've basically finished Collin's workbench, but he barely plays with it. He enjoyed the cordless drill most of all, and the hammer. A few screws, nails, and a soft wood board kept him busy for quite some time.

Even though we are having fun I'm starting to get restless for home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa gave Jake guitar hero for Chistmas and he can't seem to put it down. He is way better than the rest of us but Mike and I have played a few songs ourselves.