Monday, December 31, 2007

The New Year

I'm not much for New Years resolutions, but being in California for just over a week has given me some time to think. I'm not going to get to deep or philosophical. I have always been somewhat ADD - I get bored easily, jump from task to task, and struggle to finish things. So it's no surprise that I find that since the kids have arrived I don't spend much time on hobbies anymore. So I'm hoping in 2008 to reconnect with two of my passions - bicycling (specifically mountain biking, or at least off road riding) and speaker building. Neither of these should cost much money since I already have some speakers laying around that could use either new cabinets, new crossovers, or both; and I have three bikes that are all in decent condition. Also, I just bought a bike rack for the Sequoia so transportation is easy.

Building a new set of speakers should be fairly simple since I can work on this in bits and pieces around the house. Now I just need a few new tools...

Biking will be a little tougher since it involves more time away from the house, but Kerry won't mind, will you honey?


Well, it's almost 10:00 on New Year's Eve, so I gotta run. It's bedtime, you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your brother is happy about your biking resolution, Im sure, as he is on a mission for you.
We heard a great new year's plan one of the pastor's at our church has. He thought of 5 of the most important roles in his life and resolved to keep those relationships in the front of his mind as he is choosing to be a better father, husband, friend, ..... this was just a reminder to me to include those important in my life in my efforts to better myself. So now I will go to the gym to better myself, which will make someone near and dear to me happy!