Monday, November 12, 2007

Another Typical Day

So today was a fairly typical day. So what is a typical day like:

Wake up several times before 6:00. Pray that the kids won't wake up, then fall back to sleep.

Get up around 6:30. Collin comes down. He takes a bath, I take a shower.

Go up and get Madison. She doesn't want to wake up, so I carry her downstairs.

Fix breakfast. Caden is sleeping in, but he wakes up before we leave.

Head out to work. Fight traffic for 45min - 1hour. Flip back and forth between ESPN Radio (Mike & Mike in the Morning) and KISS FM (Kid Craddick in the morning).

Get to work. Start preparing for today's meeting. I don't actually do any work, I just attend meetings and conference calls. Meet with teams on several projects. Try to get with Craig to review the presentation for the 1:00 meeting. Finally meet with Craig at 12:00. Make changes from 12:00 to 12:40.

Run out the door at 12:40. Stop at Jimmy Johns for lunch. Run in. Run Out. Eat on the way to the meeting. Kerry calls while I am trying to eat my sandwich, shift my manual transmission , and talk to Craig and George about our meeting. Needless to say the conversation was very short. Arrive at 1:00, just in time.

Meeting should last about 1-1/2 hours, 2 hours tops. We leave the Church at 4:45 (3 hours, 45 minutes later).

Check e-mail on Blackberry. About 30 new e-mails. 1 Missed call from Kerry. Call Kerry back but she doesn't answer. Fight traffic on tollway to get back to the office.

Check my phone and realize Kerry tried calling again, but I forgot to take my phone off silent. Call Kerry back but she doesn't answer.

Back in the office I have one task - print a drawing package. Should take about 15 minutes. 45 minutes later I've got the drawings printed and posted to the architects FTP site. Time to head for home.

Fight traffic for 35 minutes. The tollway is now open to within a mile of my house, so the commute home is much faster (although more expensive).

Eat dinner. Collin wants 2 pieces of Texas Toast like everyone else, but won't listen when we tell him he doesn't like Texas Toast and never eats it. We reach a tentative compromise after heated negotiations.

Kerry is worried about Caden because he is breathing funny. She can't decide whether or not to take him to Acute Kids. I explain that she won't be happy until she knows for sure if he is getting Pneumonia, so she might as well go. Kerry leaves with Caden. Madison, Collin and I play for 30 minutes. Mostly they want me to hold them upside down, but I insist they color to calm themselves down.

No baths tonight. Kids don't stink too bad. Up to bed we go. Collin is tired and goes down after a short book. Madison wants Mommy to put her to bed. Reasoning is pointless (she already has that female trait down). I leave. She cries (softly, more of a whimper actually). I give in and she comes downstairs to wait for Mommy.

Kerry comes back home. Caden is fine. We put the two to bed and settle down on the couch. Kerry watches The Bachelor. I am not a reality TV fan, and I need to get some work done, so I spend about 1-1/2 hours on my laptop. By the way, my Toshiba tablet runs very cool so my legs aren't even burning hot.

It's now 10:45 and I should get ready for bed. Tomorrow is another day of conference calls and meetings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robert, I think you should leave out that part that you don't actually do any work but just attend meetings and conference calls. :) Not exactly what Kerry wants to think about after caring for two of yours and two of mine.