Friday, February 22, 2008

The Cat Choir



Tonight I came home to Madison's cat choir. The choir consisted of about a dozen yellow sheets of construction paper on which Madison drew a cat face. She then folder the corners over to represent ears. The papers were neatly arranged in Caden's room.

Kerry said that Madison was up practicing some songs. Meoww. Meeoooww. Meooowww.

The weird thing is that most of the cats had a caption that said 'I Love You' or 'I Love you to' except that they were written backwards. Like she wrote them while looking at a mirror. Not only did they read right to left, but most of the letters were reversed as well. So you can hold it up to a mirror and it looks right. (I asked Kerry about it and she noticed that since the caption went to the left of the mouth, Madison wrote the words that way).

How does a little girl learn to do that? When I asked her about it, she didn't have an explanation or even seem to know she did it.